THIS BOOK WILL BE PUBLISHED IN THE AUTUMN OF 2013 @ £13.95. THIS IS A SPECIAL OFFER FOR CURRENT AND FORMER MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES AND THEIR FAMILIES ONLY.
Rugby league only became a recognised sport in the Army in 1994. However, since then it has thrived, overcoming many obstacles on the way. This book covers the growth and development of the sport, including:
• Inter-Services matches
• The Army in the Challenge Cup
• International matches and tours
• The Lawson and Yeoman Cups
• Combined Services rugby league
• Profiles of players, coaches and managers and officials
• Rugby league and the Army prior to 1994
• A tribute to Jack Harrison, the only professional rugby league player to win the Victoria Cross who was playing when he enlisted.
Sean Fanning played professional rugby league for Leigh and Highfield. He is a Staff Sergeant in the Army Medical Service, and was on active duty in Afghanistan in 2012. He has played for and coached the Army Rugby League team, played for the Great Britain Armed Forces team in the 2008 Armed Forces World Cup and has played for Combined Services.
The royalties from this book will be given direct to Soldiers’ League, which raises money for service charities.
The book has now been approved by the MoD and will be available at the end of October